Friday, May 23, 2008

LSS

Yep. Life in the Spirit Seminar. This year marks my third time attending an LSS. This round (same as my last round 3 years ago) it was organized by SWYF.

The following table marks the entire seminar schedules, spanning across 9 sessions in 7 weeks. Each session lasted for about 2 to 3 hours (from 8:30pm onwards).

Session

Topic

Date

Day

1

Introduction

26-Mar

Wed

2

God's Love

2-Apr

Wed

3

Salvation

9-Apr

Wed

4 & 5

Repentence & Renunciation

12-Apr

Sat

6

Inner Healing

19-Apr

Sat

7

New Life

23-Apr

Wed

8

Receiving God's Gift

30-Apr

Wed

9

Infilling

3-May

Sat

10 & 11

Growth & Transformation

10-May

Sat

-

High Praise

18-May

Sun


Few things did happen to me throughout the entire LSS journey. The one happening that I could observe with immediate effect is that, God had given me strength to worship Him and followed through the talk! For the past 2 months, I have been having lack of sleep, practically almost every weekday. And, because of the two consecutive weeks assisting in D's mom's teambuilding sessions [1, 2], I was almost dead-tired on the two Saturdays. Yet, amid the sleepiness and weary feeling, God managed to electrify me with His strength! As soon as each session began (with a short worship), I was more or less alert! Indeed, I could not have had such strength without God! Praise Him!

Second, God managed to close the wound in my heart during the Inner Healing session. Something that happened to me 1.5 years ago, causing the wound. I knew all the while that the wound was still there, but I let it be and heal by itself. I was proven wrong - God touched me and renewed me again. God also reminded me that I had to put in my own effort and do something to completely heal it. God might have healed me, but if I were to do nothing, my past memory will rip it open again. Well, I can say right now I am still in the midst of doing that something right now. I think I really need to do it before I even move on with life! [ I'm not elaborating it because it is too personal. ]

Third one happened after the LSS ended. There was a post-LSS High Praise on May 18 afternoon (4pm). During the praise and worship session, my encounter with the Holy Spirit as a Person deepened. When "Send The Fire" was played and sung, I could feel that the Holy Spirit was standing in front of us and was shooting small stones of fire to us - as if you see a person's heart being a fiery stone that exploded and sent the fiery debris to us. I could feel a gradual empowerment of my life through the power of the Holy Spirit!

I wept twice during the High Praise. First happened when we worshiped Him with the song "Flow To You". I was sitting down that time, when I suddenly felt the urge to lie prostrate. And so I lay, and I could feel an enveloping and embracing love of God around my body. So, with my face on the floor, my tear flowed out and wetted the mat (:-P).

The second time was when the SWYF core team and ex-core team began to guide the children to receive the charismatic gift of tongues. We were singing softly the song "Receive The Power" - claiming God's promise (in Acts 1:8), also (I feel) served as the bit of encouragement that we could do. I could sense the immense love God had for the children when all the children received the gift of tongues!! A kid at the age of 6 praying in tongues!!! Can you imagine that? I wept in joy of the Lord's promise on the children.

I never regretted attending the LSS.

Praise and thank You for Your love, Daddy.
Glorify Your Name, Jesus.
And thank You for Your strength for me, Holy Spirit.

No comments: