Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Face

Aftermath of Oh! Pontoon!!

One:
Having new nicknames on top of what I’ve already had.
- Lobster Face
- Guan Yu / Guan Yun-chang (one of the major character in Three Kingdoms)
- Justice Pao
- Reptile Face (my skin is peeling off now)
- Charcoal Head

Two:
Same question that yield same answer, from different people at different times. I’m not saying that’s bad. I do appreciate the care they’ve shown. But, after answering the same question in the same way for, say, 15 times (20 times as of 4/17), I’ll get bored and lazy.

“Oei! What happen to your face la?”
“Sunburn lor… Last weekend I helped out my friend’s mom in a team-building she organized for the Astro people.”
“Where? Where?”
“The beach opposite Tropical Spice Garden… been under the sun for 7 hours straight, so mah like that lor…”

At times I just held my fists in ancient Chinese salute gesture, partly to hide my face and partly to avoid further conversation. Me bad huh!

Three:
My face hurt. Putting my Nivea for Men moisturizer does not help either. A suggested Aloe Vera gel - as aloe-vera as possible, he said. LOL!

Four:
My face really becomes reptile face. Dark-colored dead skins peeled off by itself - some I purposely scraped out. Now I got dark face with red patches, or rather, red face with dark patches. I even have a red nose - a result of over-peeling. Pinch my nose - it honks!!!



Five:
My face, neck, and arms are heavily tanned (or rather, burnt). My legs, from knee downward, are partially tanned. Not other parts of my body. I really feel weird.

Well, I can’t blame anybody. I brought myself my Coppertone SPF45, but when I reached there, I noticed that it leaked, and it was near empty. So, I managed to put a few drip on my arms, and that’s it. My face, maximum exposure!

I need to replenish my sun-block for this Saturday, or else, I may come in to office again next week and scare the heck out of all my colleagues.

Ciao! Intercessory meeting in 40 minutes’ time.

1 comment:

Aven said...

HaHa... I know how it feels. I went to Bt Merah Laketown a month ago. Well, I've sunburns too even wif sunblock.