Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Vigil 2008

Today is Monday, and as usual, Monday would be a "bad day" for the employed people like me. What's worse is, I am so sleepy and tired throughout the whole day that i could barely keep myself fully awake and concentrated in what I'm doing. Plus, I got a severe neck pain, which makes my mood worse. Yes, even now as I am typing, my eyes are half closed and strained neck. So, if I write crap here and screw up my grammar and disclose my every personal secret, I am not gonna make any clerical changes as what I did to other posts... Haha! Gotcha... skip the last one!! I won't do that, not even if I'm drunk...

I could not agree with A more... the Easter Vigil Mass is indeed great! It is a great experience for me, to creating the slides and getting through the logistics of slide handling to singing. The Mass was exceptionally long - 3:15!! 27 candidates were received into the Catholic Church that night, and the Baptism and Confirmation took the longest. Yet, blessed be God!!! 27 souls are touched and converted!!! And, because this year we sang hymns during the rites Baptism and Confirmation, we are most of the time on duty (yes... singing), and we didn't feel time passing by. We sang 19 verses of Springs of Water (originally 7 verses but we repeated the song until the Baptism is finished) and 6 verses of Spirit Touch Your Church (for Confirmation, of course). Haha...

A did all the composing on 3/4 of the Responsorial Psalms, and the songs are inspiring! He even wrote a rap to fit in between Jesus Christ Is Risen. Only if A is willing to record the songs into tracks...

As for my part, I did lots of mistakes in my slides - I included the short Exsultet while the priest said the long one - I overlooked the word "sins" in Gloria, which I usually despised at when others did the same mistake - I typed "Hear Ur Prayer" instead of "Hear Our Prayer" - I forgot to remove a line from the lyrics which I promised A to do so. In any case, creating and organizing 238 slides that night is a great experience, though I need to further learn to be more vigilant and attentive.

Talking about the 27 candidates reminded me of my Baptism 4 lithurgical-years ago. That night (4/10/04), 27 of us were baptized in St Michael's Church, Ipoh. Coincidence!? I think God reminds me of my life in the Catholic Church for 4 years. Haha... Anyway, I pray that their earned faith bears good fruit.

Happy Easter!!

No comments: