Monday, March 16, 2009

God Saves

Have you ever experienced that God truly saves your life? I did. For my first time as a Christian!

I was driving my friend's car - a manual-transmission Myvi - back to the office from lunch. I was fetching 3 colleagues who were fast asleep after lunch - you know, high carb diet kicking in. So, while driving along the coastal highway heading to FIZ Phase 4, I was listening to a secular song named "That's The Way It Is" by Celine Dion. I was then contemplating on only one part of the lyrics, which is: "Don't give up on your faith". Yes. Amen. I thought. A short thought it was.

There was a point of our journey back to Altera where we need to make a U-turn on the coastal highway. And, soon enough I reached the U-turn point. I was waiting at the edge of the divider, waiting first in line for a U-turn opportunity. On the other side of the road, there were a lot of vehicles passing by. Amid the streak of fast-moving cars, I noticed that there was a gap between two fast-moving cars, and, since I was driving a manual car, I thought I could make it in time to do a U-turn safely between that two cars.

However, I felt a slight nudge (remember, all my other colleagues were having forty winks). It prompted me not to do a U-turn, but wait. So, I waited. The two fast-moving cars zoomed past. And, a minute or so later, it was clear for a slow and steady U-turn. Only by that moment I realized that the car was engaged to level-2 gear, and not the lowest gear!! My God! If I were to do a U-turn earlier, the car would not have speed to brush past the first car and avoid the second car in time. I would have kena banged sideways by the second car!!

Just by my acknowledgment of the little faith that I should have, God have protected me and my colleagues through his soft prompting! Thank you, my Lord Jesus!!
________________________________________________

Psalm 91:9-12
Because you have made Yahweh your refuge,
And the Most High your dwelling place,
No evil shall happen to you,
Neither shall any plague come near your dwelling.
For He will give His angels charge over you,
To guard you in all your ways.
They will bear you up in their hands,
So that you won't dash your foot against a stone.

No comments: